Charles the Butler shows us three packing methods for a creaseless and pleasant packing experience.
Before you even begin to pack, no matter what method you will be using to pack, lay everything out that you need first.
- Coordinate outfits
- Prepare toiletries, Consider if your luggage is going on board with you or with checked luggage as this affects liquids and ultimately how much you can take with you
- Remember you are only going away, you will return home THUS you don’t need your entire closet; you can wear the same jeans or shoes twice!
- Everything should be tight so that there is no movement
- Stuffed things inside each other to save space and avoid wrinkles
- Lighter things on top, heavier things on bottom
- Soft sided suitcases are best for the rolling method
- Lots and lots and lots of tissue paper. You can never have too much tissue paper, remember you can re-use this over and over again, so its not to be thrown out when you unpack!
- Lots and lots of dry cleaner plastic. You can never have too much dry cleaner plastic.
- When using a garment bag you can double or triple clothes if necessary on one hanger
- Each and every hanger must be covered in a plastic sheet (dry cleaner plastic)
- This method is ideal for delicate clothing, for example a wedding dress