When you are interviewing a nanny you want to make sure you ask the right questions. My favorite questions are ones that are open-ended so that information can be easily shared. Yes and no questions will not tell you much about the candidate and don’t encourage meaningful conversation.
Here are my 10 favorite questions!
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. Why do you want to be a nanny?
3. Why do you think your experience or background would make you a good nanny?
4. What is your favorite age child to work with?
5. Why did your last position end?
6. What is your ideal work situation?
7. How would the previous kids you cared for describe you?
8. What type of activities would you suggest for children my age?
9. What duties are you NOT willing to do?
10. Where do you see yourself in 2 years? 5 years?
Once you get to know the nanny a little in the interview make sure and explain the job, your expectations, if you need flexibility and any special details about your children!